If there’s one cookie that many people remember stuffing their faces with as kids (or adults), it’s probably the Oreo. One reason Oreos are so loved is because of all the different ways you can eat them. Whether you enjoy them as-is, split them in half, dunk them in milk, eat the cream, then the cookie, or vice versa, the Oreo is one diverse biscuit. And thanks to creative culinary minds, the number of ways you can eat this delicious treat have only grown.
If you’re a fan of Oreos, then you’ll love these awesome dessert recipes featuring your favorite cookie.
1. Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
2. Oreo Cheesecake Cookie Dough Bars
3. Oreo Dirt Cake
For the Oreo Crust:
1 1/2 cups crushed Oreo cookies
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the cookie dough:
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose Gold Medal flour
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
For the Oreo Cheesecake Filling:
10 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup crushed Oreos
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper allowing a little overhang. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the Oreo crumbs and melted butter together until thoroughly combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 6-7 minutes. Remove pan to a cooling rack. Leave the oven on.
3. While the crust is cooling, prepare the cookie dough. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth and combined, about 1 minute. Slowly mix in the flour and mix until just incorporated. Mix in the mini chocolate chips. Set aside.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Mix in the egg and vanilla just until incorporated. Mix in the crushed Oreos. Pour the Oreo cheesecake batter into the prepared crust.
5. Use your hands to form clumps of cookie dough. Flatten the clumps of dough in the palm of your hands to flatten them out. Distribute the cookie dough evenly on top of the cheesecake batter. You will cover most of the cheesecake batter. It doesn’t matter if it isn’t perfect.
6. Bake for about 30-35 minutes, until the cookie dough top feels dry and firm and the pan is set. You can give it a little shake to see if it is set. Move bars to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
7. Lift the cooled bars out by the overhang; cut into squares and store in the refrigerator. Serve cold or at room temperature.
4. Oreo Popcorn
This is the perfect sweet snack for watching a movie. Learn the easy recipe here.
5. Deep-Fried Oreos
6. Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes
7. Oreo Pudding Pops
1 box White Chocolate Instant Pudding
16 Oreo Cookies
2 cup Milk
6 Popsicle Sticks
6 Dixie Cups
Break up 10 Oreos into pieces.
Add milk to pudding and stir to mix.
Add Oreo pieces to pudding.
Put 6 Oreos in food processor and crush.
Put pudding mixture into cup and top with crushed Oreos.
Place stick in cup and place in freezer for at least 4 hours.
You can optionally also put crushed Oreos in bottom of cup before adding pudding if desired.
8. Golden Oreo Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
9. Death By Oreo Cupcakes
If there’s anything that can make Rice Krispie Treats better, it’s Oreos. Find the how-to here
- 5 cups rice cereal
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 (10 ounce) bag marshmallows
- 22 chocolate sandwich cookies, I used Oreos
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate for drizzling, optional
- 1/4 cup white chocolate for drizzling, optional
- 1. Line an 8-x-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside. Cut or break 1/3 of the Oreos into big chunks, cut another 1/3 into medium pieces, and crush the remaining third. Pour rice cereal and Oreos into a large bowl.
- 2. In a medium-sized pan, melt butter until browned. Keep an eye on it. As soon as the butter starts to brown and smell fragrant, remove the pan from the stove and add the marshmallows. Using a rubber spatula, give it a good stir. Place saucepan back on the stove and continue heating until marshmallows have fully melted and butter is completely incorporated.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over the cereal and Oreos, and gently stir until combined.
- 3. Pour rice krispies into the prepared pan and pat into an even layer. Meanwhile, melt semisweet chocolate in a heatproof bowl in the microwave in 30 second increments. Transfer melted chocolate to a small ziptop bag, cut off one corner and pipe chocolate in desired patterns over the top. Repeat with the white chocolate. Let treats sit for 30 minutes or until set before cutting into squares.
11. Oreo Milkshake
Milkshakes are good, but Oreo milkshakes are 10x better.
- 2 cups of slow-churned low fat vanilla ice cream, I use Dryers
- ½ cup of skim milk
- 2 Reduced Fat Oreo Cookies, divided
- Cool Whip Free
- Combine ice cream, milk and divided Oreos in blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with Cool Whip Free.