If you get frequent static when brushing your hair, you’ll no doubt become frustrated. With the best will in the world, static will stop your hair from looking straight and make it look messy. If this happens a lot, here are some ways in which we would recommend that you nip it in the bud. There are lots of hacks, so try them all and see which works best for your hair.
Dryer Sheet Method
The best way that we have found, thanks to a great YouTube video called Mama’s Tricks. Take a dryer sheet and force the bristles of your hairbrush through it. Once you have done this, brush your hair as normal, and just watch that static disappear.
Other Methods That Work
Here are some other tricks that can help you to remove the static from your hair.
1. Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to prevent your hair from becoming dry and brittle.
2. Avoid using products with alcohol, sulfates, and silicone as these can strip your hair of its natural oils.
3. Use a leave-in conditioner or detangling spray before brushing your hair to help reduce static.
4. Use a humidifier in your home to add moisture to the air and reduce static.
5. Avoid using metal combs and brushes, as these can increase static.
6. Try using an anti-static spray or a fabric softener sheet to reduce static.
7. Wear a scarf or hat to help protect your hair from the elements.
There you have it, try out these methods and say goodbye to static.