It always amazes me that the newest health and beauty remedies to emerge on the scene are often ancient techniques used by various cultures in the past – or even modern cultures that we’re simply not that familiar with. Sometimes the simple, natural route is the way to go, as opposed to expensive products and treatments. I like to think my beauty regimen is a little bit of both: Always open to new ideas from today’s society, but with the realization that you don’t always need to mess with a good thing! And, banana peels are definitely one of those things.
- Eat a ripe banana (you know how beneficial they are for your overall health, don’t you?)
- Cut a small piece of the peel (approximately 1,5 inch).
- Rub the inside of the peel gently over the irritated area. Rub for about 5 minutes or until the inside of the peel gets brown. Replace and throw away the banana peel once it is entirely brown.
- Clean the skin around with lukewarm water but let the banana dry out on the affected area to do its magic.
- Repeat at least 3 times a day.