There was a lady named Lauren Wasser, she suffered traumatic experiences by using tampons. Her first encounter was in 2012. She started to have normal periods when she bought tampons Kotex brand. She said she always change tampons more than once a day. On 3rd of October, 2012 she was not feeling well at night so she decided to go to sleep. The next day when she woke up, her mother called police because whenever her mother knock the door of her room, there wasn’t any response. Lauren then explained her mother that she was no feeling well and was asleep.
Then again she went to sleep that day and woke up in hospital after few days. After continuously knocking her door for couple of days, her mother called police and then they broke the door and took her to hospital. She had heart attack and organ failure, and doctors were unable to find the cause, but her right leg was amputated. She had her tampon in at the time of sleep, they send tampons for the test and found it had toxic shock syndrome.
This toxic syndrome is a rare complication that can threaten your life. It can cause bacterial infection and health related problems. Every year manufactures change their methods and materials so that cotton synthetic doesn’t cause any reaction.
Sometime infections are so severe they turn gangrene. In Lauren’s case her life was in danger, but thanks to doctors who were able to save her life with accurate treatment. They knew what was causing the problem and rapid measure were taken in account to save her life. Lauren is now suing the manufacturers of tampons that caused toxic effect for her. Before this incident, she had a scholarship and was working as a professional model. She is still working hard to become a model.
There are many alternative to tampons. You can use diva cup instead because there isn’t any chemical compound in it, and they can be reused. Another alternative can be pads, they are gross but if you want to live healthy then you have to take certain things in consideration. Tampons on the other hand are harmful, some of the tampons even come with instruction for people to be careful while using.