Extracted from the meat of coconut, its milk is rich in vitamins, calcium, oil and fat. While coconut milk is a superb tasteful drink, it also provides numerous health and skin benefits. If used correctly and regularly, coconut milk can visibly improve skin and health’s condition by naturally nourishing it. So here are 5 beauty benefits of coconut milk that you should add in your beauty regime this winter.
Before I start sharing the benefits of coconut milk with you, let me give you a simple recipe of making your own coconut milk at home. Here it goes:
You will need:
- 3 ounces of freshly grated coconut
- 2 cups hot water
- In a bowl, mix grated coconut and hot water.
- Stir the two well and keep it aside for about 45 minutes.
- Place a cheesecloth over a strainer and strain the coconut milk.
- Refrigerate and the milk is ready to use.
1. Hair Mask
Coconut milk is a fantastic hair booster and promotes shiny, healthy tresses. It also makes the hair strong and prevents hair loss. Before washing your hair, massage coconut milk onto the scalp and ends for 5-7 minutes. Let the hair and roots soak in the goodness for about 20 minutes before you wash your hair.
Note: You can also mix coconut milk with olive oil, however mentioned above is a simpler and straight forward version.
2. Treats Dry Skin
Coconut milk is rich in vitamin A & C and promotes natural skin nourishment. Whether consumed orally or topically, coconut milk can improve the skin’s condition drastically if used right.
If you suffer from a dry skin condition, add half a cup rose water and 1 cup coconut milk to your bathtub and soak yourself in the tub for about 20 minutes while your body absorbs the goodness. Doing this twice a week will makes your skin smooth and radiant.
3. Nourishing Face Mask
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- 5 Proven Tips To Prevent Your Lips From Darkening - August 2016
- Try the Cucumber Diet and Lose 7kg in 14 Days - August 2016
- You Have Lost Part of Your Hair? Here is How to Grow Out Your Hair Faster - August 2016