While we love corn on the cob and try to get as much of it as possible while it’s in season, we hate boiling it (since it never seems to taste as good that way). What we didn’t know is that there’s another way to cook it that is easier and results in better flavor…in the slow cooker!
By placing the corn and water in the slow cooker, the corn steams deliciously without losing any of its sweet flavor. Then, you’re free to spruce it up with all the butter and salt and pepper you want and enjoy it to its fullest!
SLOW COOKER CORN ON THE COB
Yield: 8-10 ears of corn
- 8-10 ears of corn
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- unsalted butter, to taste
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- fresh herbs or green onion, to taste
- Place corn in slow cooker and pour in 1/3 cup water.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 1/2-3 hours, or until corn is bright yellow and tender.
- Use tongs to remove corn and season with salt and pepper, and your choice of butter, lemon juice, and fresh herbs.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Recipes That Crock
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- 5 Proven Tips To Prevent Your Lips From Darkening - August 2016
- Try the Cucumber Diet and Lose 7kg in 14 Days - August 2016
- You Have Lost Part of Your Hair? Here is How to Grow Out Your Hair Faster - August 2016