If you’re one of those who enjoy baths, you must have heard about bath bombs so far. These spheres are with different color, fantastic scent, and usually covered with glitter.
However, this post wasn’t written with the purpose of explaining the benefits of these bath bombs, but to inform you why making your own is better than buying one.
Conventional Bath Bombs
The inventor of bath-bombs is one of the co-founders of Lush, the well-known successful cosmetic company. However, they generally resemble the 1900s bath fizzies, which were used to add scent and color to the bath water.
According to some people, the quality of Lush products has a bit diminished recently, since it was noticed dairy in the ingredients of one of their lip tints, which is a bit strange as most people know Lush to be vegan.
Because of this fact, the bath bombs from Lush were also checked in terms of their content.
We give you the ingredients of the Sex Bomb in particular, since it’s probably the most familiar bath bomb to people.
- Sodium sesquicarbonate
- Fragrance- you may not know, but fragrances include about 4,000 chemicals, some of them being carcinogens
- Propylene Glycol- this is a toxin used in paint, antifreeze, and apparently this bath bomb
- Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone- although it was banned for including in fragrances, it’s apparently ok for this Sex Bomb. It can cause allergic reactions, and it’s generally not good for people with sensitive skin. So, do you think soaking in this is good for you?
- Red #4, #27, and #33 as dyes for this bath bomb
We think you saw enough so that its smell won’t blur your knowledge about its fragrance, allergic reactions, dyes, and toxins the next time you think of buying one.
Creating Your Own Sex Bath Bomb
We know it’s always more simple to just buy the thing you need. But, do you remember the last thing you made something creative? Maybe now is the time for that, and with just couple of simple ingredients you will be able to create your dreamy bath bomb without any toxins or other harmful stuff in its content.
- 1/2 cup Epsom or magnesium salts
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of citric acid
- Essential oils
- Natural food to color the bombs, such as beet juice for getting nice pink color. If you choose not to add any food, they will be white
- Muffin tin molds or dome molds in any shape
The preparation is not hard at all. Just mix the wet and dry ingredients separately. Very slowly start adding the wet ingredients to the dry. Be careful since citric acid can foam up a lot, and don’t forget to stir continuously.
Now that everything is mixed together, you can add in your essential oils and food coloring if you like. Some amazing essential oils as well as combinations you may choose to use are:
Once you mix everything well, add the essential oils and the optional food you chose.
You can use the following essential oils and combinations:
- Lavender for relaxation
- Lavender and orange for sweet relaxation
- Jasmine as a sensual essential oil
- Orange and lemon for fresh and inspiring bath time
- Lemongrass for candy scent
You can make your own combination if get carried away by inspiration. Put a few drops, 5-10, of any essential oil you choose, depending on scent strength you want to achieve.
Oil your muffin tins or dome molds with a bit of oil so that the bath bombs won’t get stuck. Once you have your mixture mixed well, put it into the muffin tins or dome molds, and remember not to fill to the top since as we’ve mentioned the citric acid expands.
You shouldn’t cook but just let the mixture dries at a room temperature till it gets hard, for which it may take all night. Once you are sure they are hard enough, get them out of the muffin tins and you have created your own bath bomb. You can cover them with glitter, and keep them in a jar or give them as present.
Bath Bombs Benefits
Epsom and magnesium salts are highly beneficial, coconut oil moisturizes the skin, baking soda alkalizes the body, and essential oils help to reduce stress and relax. These bath bombs have mesmerizing scent and soothing benefits.
You can now forget about the conventional bath bombs, and create your own by choosing your favorite scent and appearance. Use them to enjoy even more in your baths, or give them as present to friend and family.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- 5 Proven Tips To Prevent Your Lips From Darkening - August 2016
- Try the Cucumber Diet and Lose 7kg in 14 Days - August 2016
- You Have Lost Part of Your Hair? Here is How to Grow Out Your Hair Faster - August 2016