I wasn’t initially convinced this would work but I finally caved and gave it a shot! I’ll stick to my cast iron pan and olive oil most of the time, but I can see these working out in some situations!
In the video below, Allrecipes will show us how to make a quick and easy breakfast that won’t leave us with much clean up. They mix the eggs with cheese, bell peppers, ham and a few extra ingredients directly in a resealable freezer bag and cook it in a pot of boiling water. You can assemble these the night before and they’ll be ready for a hot water bath in the morning.
• 2 eggs
• 2 slices ham, chopped (optional)
• 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
• 1 tablespoon chopped onion (optional)
• 1 tablespoon chopped green bell pepper (optional)
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tomato (optional)
• 1 tablespoon chunky salsa (optional)
• 2 fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
Crack the eggs into a large resealable freezer bag. Press out most of the air, and seal. Shake or squeeze to beat the eggs. Open the bag, and add the ham, cheese, onion, green pepper, tomato, salsa, and mushrooms. Squeeze out as much of the air as you can, and seal the bag.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place up to 8 bags at a time into the boiling water. Cook for exactly 13 minutes. Open the bag, and let the omelet roll out onto a plate. The omelet should roll out easily.
My friend has been doing this for years and offer these two suggestions; first, use only heavy-duty quart-size freezer bags. Cheaper bags will open up and ruin the omelet. Second, use a straw to suck all the air out of the bag after mixing the ingredients or just lay the bag against a sharp corner of a table with the egg mixture below the edge and the top of the bag flat on the table top. Press out the air and seal. Use whatever ingredients you like but crumbled bacon or sausage is a favorite. If you do a three-egg omelet, increase the cooking time to 15 minutes.
This would be great for camping, sleepovers or big family events. Chop up all the ingredients in advance, then have people write their name on a bag. Get everyone to choose what they want and put it in the bag. All you need to do is add the eggs!
Get the full, printable recipe over at Allrecipes
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- 5 Proven Tips To Prevent Your Lips From Darkening - August 2016
- Try the Cucumber Diet and Lose 7kg in 14 Days - August 2016
- You Have Lost Part of Your Hair? Here is How to Grow Out Your Hair Faster - August 2016