When your crisp white dress shirt or favorite tee starts yellowing around the collar or under the arms — don’t sweat. Removing those unsightly stains is easier than you think with the help of natural ingredients that will leave that article of clothing looking fresh. And this eco-friendly cleaning solution costs basically nothing, which means the money you save on dry cleaning can go toward an indulgent coffee at your favorite spot.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide
- Most think sweat stains are caused by sweat, but they are actually the result of a reaction between aluminum-based antiperspirants and your body. To attack the discoloration, soak the shirt in a bowl filled with the vinegar and two cups warm water. Soak for at least 20 minutes.
2. Mix together the baking soda, salt, and hydrogen peroxide until it forms a paste. Remove the shirt from the vinegar water and gently squeeze until the shirt is just damp. Lay flat on a towel-covered work surface and coat the stains with the mixture. Hydrogen peroxide is a natural whitening agent, and baking soda and salt work together to lift the stain. Let sit for at least 20 minutes.
3. Toss the shirt in the laundry with a load of whites and wash. Voilà! Now you can take off your jacket and raise your arms proudly without worrying about flashing nasty stains.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- 5 Proven Tips To Prevent Your Lips From Darkening - August 2016
- Try the Cucumber Diet and Lose 7kg in 14 Days - August 2016
- You Have Lost Part of Your Hair? Here is How to Grow Out Your Hair Faster - August 2016