Do you ever wonder why you smell bad? The bacteria on your body and the sweat mixed together are what makes you smell bad.
Body odor is a smelly result our bodies give off when the bacteria that lives on the skin breaks down sweat into acids. It is the result of bacteria breaking down proteins into certain acids from the body that gives off that stinky smell. People who have diabetes, obese, or people who sweat too much tend to put off body odor. When we sweat it usually does not have a smell, the smell is created when bacteria break the sweat down into acids.
There are two types of acid that are present when there is body odor:
1. Propionic acid: propionic acid is found in sweat, the propioni bacteria breaks down amino acids into propionic acid. The bacteria live in the ducts of the sweat glands of adults and adolescents. Some people may say that they smell a vinegar smell that’s because the acid that the body is putting off is similar to acetic acid, which gives vinegar its sour taste.
2. Isovaleric acid: this is another source of body odor because of the bacteria Staphylococcus epidermis, which are present in several types of cheese that give them their distinct smell.
There are two types of sweat glands in the human body:
1. Eccrine glands are a simple sweat gland that is located in all areas where there is skin on the body. These sweat glands produce sweat that reaches the skin’s surface because of the coiled ducts. When the sweat evaporates from the skin the body is cooled off, and the Eccrine glands are responsible for regulating the body’s temperature.
2. Apocrine glands: these sweat glands are found in the breasts, genital area, eyelids, armpits, and the ears. Most apocrine glands are found in the breasts, groin, and armpits. The apocrine glands are responsible for body odor because the sweat they produce is high in protein so bacteria can break down easier.
Treating B.O. can be difficult when you don’t know what you’re looking for or how to go about treating the odor.
Here are some remedies to help with that pesky B.O.:
1. Baking Soda: Baking soda absorbs moisture and can reduce body odors. It also works as a bacterial killer and works well as a natural deodorant. Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda and lemon juice, apply it to the underarms and other body parts where sweat is excessive. Leave the mixture on for couples of minutes and then wash it off with water, but do not scrub. Do this once a day for a few weeks.
2. Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is a powerful bacterium fighting ingredient, and it helps eliminate body odor and balance the pH level in the skin
• Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and rub it on the underarms, wait two to three minutes and then take a shower. Do this twice a day until you notice an improvement.
• You can also add two cups of vinegar to your warm bath water and soak for ten minutes, once a day.
• Adding two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar along with some honey to a glass of warm water and drink it three times a day before each meal can help with B.O.
3. Lemon Juice: Lemons have acidic properties that help lower the skin’s pH level which can make it difficult for odor-producing bacteria to survive.
• Cut a fresh lemon into halves. Rub one-half onto the underarms. Be sure that the juice gets on the skin and allow it to dry on its own, then take a shower. Do this once a day until you notice the odor completely gone.
• In case you have sensitive skin, you can dilute the juice with water and apply it to the underarms using a cotton ball. Leave the mixture on for at least 10 minutes and wash it off with water. Do this once a day until you notice the odor gone.
This homemade drink will also help you get rid of body odor:
• Four apples
• Ten kale leaves
• Juice of two lemons
• Two pieces of ginger
• Two bunches of parsley
Wash ingredients using cold water and put them into a blender with ice. Blend well and consume the mixture on an empty stomach in the morning.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- 5 Proven Tips To Prevent Your Lips From Darkening - August 2016
- Try the Cucumber Diet and Lose 7kg in 14 Days - August 2016
- You Have Lost Part of Your Hair? Here is How to Grow Out Your Hair Faster - August 2016