Store-bought cleaning products contain lots of harsh chemicals that can seriously affect your health. Therefore, the best option is to stick to natural cleaning methods that use ingredients which don’t put your health at risk.
This DIY cleaning method uses only two ingredients that are both safe and easily available:
- ¾ cup baking soda,
- ½ cup vinegar,
- 10 drops of orange & lemongrass essential oils for smell (optional).
- Mix all the ingredients in a plastic bowl. Don’t be surprised if it fizzes a bit.
- Pour the mixture into the toilet bowl distributing it evenly. Leave it act for a few minutes.
- Flush the toilet and the stains will all be gone. If you used some essential oil, your toilet will also smell great.
Why Vinegar and Baking Soda?
The medicinal properties of both vinegar and baking soda are widely known and used.
Vinegar is a powerful antiseptic due to the acetic acid it contains. Plus, vinegar is an efficient odor-absorbent, which kills odors instead of masking them. Although it has a pungent smell, it disappears in about 20 minutes and once it’s gone, it leaves your bathroom smelling clean.
On the other hand, sodium bicarbonate or baking soda is a base, and all bases are efficient cleaners, baking soda in particular. It’s been commonly used as an air freshener, antacid, carpet cleaner, toothpaste, and more.
So, while vinegar disinfects thoroughly, baking soda provides great shine to your toilet bowl. When these two ingredients are combined, it’s only logical that the cleaning results will be even better than when the two are used separately.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- 5 Proven Tips To Prevent Your Lips From Darkening - August 2016
- Try the Cucumber Diet and Lose 7kg in 14 Days - August 2016
- You Have Lost Part of Your Hair? Here is How to Grow Out Your Hair Faster - August 2016