The medicine of Ayurveda recommends drinking water stored in copper canisters, because it is believed that the copper has antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties. There have been medical studies that show the benefits of drinking water stored in copper pots.
One study done in 2012, found that storing contaminated water in copper pots up to 16 hours at room temperature, reduces the presence of harmful microbes. This has people believing that copper is the solution for the purification of drinking water, especially in developing countries.
There is a different study that showed that copper surfaces in a hospitals killed 97% of the ICU bacteria that can cause infection, which resulted in a 40% reduction in infection rates.
Sadhguru, an Indian yogi, mystic, philanthropist said – “If you hold water in a copper bowl, preferably overnight or for at least four hours, the water takes certain qualities from the copper that are primarily good for your liver, but also for your health and energy in general.”
What are the benefits?
- Drinking cups of water from the copper container (at room temperature), it cleanses the kidneys and the digestive system.
- Copper is a good tonic for the liver, spleen and lymph system.
- It helps in maintaining the health of the digestive system
- It stimulates your brain
- Products melanin (pigmentation of eyes, hair and skin) in our body
- It helps with the absorption of iron in the body
- Destroys harmful bacteria in water
- Regulates the functioning of the thyroid gland
- Relieves pain caused by swollen joints as in case of arthritis
- Slows aging
- It helps regulate blood pressure, heart rate and lowers blood cholesterol and triglycerides
- Wounds heal faster
You need to make sure you keep the water in a copper jug over the night and drink the positively charged water early in the morning or 2-3 times in one day. It will be more than enough to take to have the advantage of such water. Never put the water in the refrigerator. Wash the copper bowl regularly with fresh lemon or pasta made of salt and tamarind.
We live in a modern age where we choose convenience over healthier life. Drinking bottled water for example is not only harmful to the environment, but also it is a risk to health.
Try this practice and let us know what you think about this alternative way.