This luscious-sounding formula—fondly called “Hot Buttered Thumb”—was designed by the owner of a Los Angeles nail salon to nourish chapped skin and heal split cuticles. It uses warm milk to help break down dead skin and brown sugar to gently slough it off—and it is deliciously scented with cinnamon and spiced rum.
Find out the nail salon secret for smooth, healed hands, even in the coldest winter weather. It sounds so divinely soothing and warming:
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup spiced rum
Dash of nutmeg
1 cup milk, heated
2 to 3 drops cinnamon essential oil
2 hand towels
2 quart-size plastic bags
1. In a bowl, mix brown sugar, rum, and nutmeg to a scrub consistency. Fill another bowl with the warmed milk and cinnamon oil.
2. Soak hands in milk for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Massage the exfoliating scrub onto hands and slough off dead skin; rinse with warm water.
4. Wet the hand towels with hot water. Pat hands dry and apply a moisturizer.
5. Slide hands into plastic bags and wrap each with a warm, wet hand towel; let sit for 5 minutes and then remove.
If you can’t make it to San Francisco’s Tru spa to experience its minty Moji-Toe pedicure, try this at-home version. May is a perfect time to pay attention to your feet as they emerge from winter socks to be in sandals or bare.
These soak and scrub recipes are very inviting ways to renew the skin on your toes:
1/2 cup sea salt
3 slices lime
5 to 10 fresh mint leaves
5 drops essential lime oil
Combine; add to a basin filled with warm water.
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
15 fresh mint leaves (chopped)
5 drops lime essential oil
Cut limes into quarters. In a food processor, pulse pieces to a chunky pulp. Mix limes and remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
Soak each foot 5 minutes; apply scrub with your hands, using circular movements around the foot, ankle, and calf. Remove the scrub with a warm, damp towel; apply a minty moisturizer.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- 5 Proven Tips To Prevent Your Lips From Darkening - August 2016
- Try the Cucumber Diet and Lose 7kg in 14 Days - August 2016
- You Have Lost Part of Your Hair? Here is How to Grow Out Your Hair Faster - August 2016