From Britain’s ‘The Daily Mail’: Hair dyes used by millions of women contain chemicals linked to cancer, British scientists have warned. They say that both home hair coloring kits and the dyes used at expensive salons pose a potential risk to health.
Writing in a respected scientific journal, they say chemicals in permanent hair dyes can react with tobacco smoke and other pollutants in the air to form one of the most powerful cancer-causing compounds known to man.
With more than a third of women and one in ten men regularly coloring their hair, the researchers say it is ‘imperative’ that the risk to health is quantified.
However, the cosmetics industry has strongly disputed the claim.
The warning comes from scientists at Leeds-based company Green Chemicals who conducted a review of the chemistry surrounding hair dye. They said that all the information was already available and they simply ‘joined the dots’ to make the link with cancer.
They warn that chemicals called secondary amines, which are either found in all permanent hair dyes or are formed in them, can penetrate the skin and stay on the hair for weeks, months or even years after the dye is applied.
Over time, they could react with tobacco smoke and exhaust fumes, to form highly poisonous chemicals called N-nitrosamines.
But the Leeds researchers argue that they can still be generated via a simple chemical reaction.
Hair dye has previously been linked to a range of cancers, including tumors of the breast, bladder, ovaries and brain and leukemia.
There are also concerns that increasing numbers of people are becoming allergic to their contents, sometimes with fatal results.
How to use coffee to dye your hair
Using this easy natural coffee mixture, you will get the desired shine, shade, and even promote hair growth. According to a study published in the January 2007 issue of the International Journal of Dermatology, coffee indeed helps with hair growth.
- Make really strong organic coffee, preferably espresso. Non organic coffee most likely contains some added chemicals.
- Let your coffee cool down.
- Mix 2 cups of leave in all natural conditioner with 2 tbsp. of organic coffee grounds and 1 cup of cold brewed coffee.
- Apply the mixture onto your hair and leave it in for about an hour. It will give your hair a beautiful chocolate color without any damage.
Simple Coffee Rinse
Shampoo your hair first and then pour coffee over your hair. Leave it in for 20 minutes. Use apple cider vinegar to rinse the coffee out of your hair (it will help seal in the color). Then rinse it off with warm water.
If you don’t see the desired results right away, repeat the same process for a few days in a row to allow the coffee to penetrate the strands of your hair.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- 5 Proven Tips To Prevent Your Lips From Darkening - August 2016
- Try the Cucumber Diet and Lose 7kg in 14 Days - August 2016
- You Have Lost Part of Your Hair? Here is How to Grow Out Your Hair Faster - August 2016