What is hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation is a disorder, characterized with dark areas on the skin, and it is caused when melanin is overproduced. It is also characterized by the dark pigment of the skin. The exposure to sunlight, pregnancy, certain diseases, aging or trauma can be the reasons for the disorders of the melanin and create a non-aesthetic brown spots which are characteristic of this benign disorder.
The reasons for melanin disorder can be internal or external. Internal causes are inborn and they are especially common for people with dark skin tone. External causes include exposure to chemicals like progesterone, estrogen, minocycline, betaxolol, and sunlight. Ultraviolet rays bring about stains, spots and freckles which can cause permanent or temporary discoloration.
Hyperpigmentation can also be caused by Surgeries or traumas, but the spots remain even when the condition improves.
Melasma is a hyperpigmentation of the skin that occurs during pregnancy. In many cases, it can affect men as well. Usually, it is called the mask of pregnancy due to the brown spots that appear on the face – mainly the nose and cheeks. Usually, after the pregnancy this disorder goes away by itself and it does not cause any major problems.
NATURAL REMEDY FOR HYPERPIGMENTATION
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder (turmeric)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Mix well the lemon juice and turmeric powder and apply the mixture on the affected area of the skin.
- Leave it to stay for about 15 minutes or until it gets dry. After 15 minutes, rinse the area with cold water.
- Do not expose your skin to sunlight after this treatment, and the best timing for this procedure is before taking shower.
- Do this one or two times a day, and you will notice the improvement of your skin.
Note! You can add some water to the lemon juice if your skin is too sensitive. Additionally, you can substitute it with milk.
This remedy originates from the Indian science of healing and it is really powerful. The power of the remedy is in its ingredients. While the first one or the lemon juice makes the skin peel the second one or turmeric makes the skin lighter, and its anti-inflammatory properties make the skin glow.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- 5 Proven Tips To Prevent Your Lips From Darkening - August 2016
- Try the Cucumber Diet and Lose 7kg in 14 Days - August 2016
- You Have Lost Part of Your Hair? Here is How to Grow Out Your Hair Faster - August 2016