British scientists have found that popular hair dyes used by millions of women contain chemicals linked to cancer. 87 out of 100 breast cancer patients have used hair dye long-term. Ovarian cancer rates increase by 70 percent for those women who color their hair one to four times per year. (source)
Natural methods of coloring sometimes don’t give a long lasting result, but at least they do not damage the hair and can even strengthen it. According to the National Cancer Institute there are over 5000 different chemicals used in conventional hair dyes, many of which are considered carcinogenic. Coffee is an absolutely natural product, which possesses beneficial properties.
Using this easy natural coffee mixture, you will get the desired shine, shade, and even promote hair growth. According to a study published in the January 2007 issue of the International Journal of Dermatology, coffee indeed helps with hair growth.
How to use coffee to dye your hair
- Make really strong organic coffee ( I use this one) , preferably espresso. Non organic coffee most likely contains some added chemicals.
- Let your coffee cool down.
- Mix 2 cups of leave in all natural conditioner with 2 tbsp. of organic coffee grounds and 1 cup of cold brewed coffee.
- Apply the mixture onto your hair and leave it in for about an hour. It will give your hair a beautiful chocolate color without any damage.
Simple Coffee Rinse
Shampoo your hair first and then pour coffee over your hair. Leave it in for 20 minutes. Use apple cider vinegar to rinse the coffee out of your hair (it will help seal in the color). Then rinse it off with warm water.
If you don’t see the desired results right away, repeat the same process for a few days in a row to allow the coffee to penetrate the strands of your hair.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- 5 Proven Tips To Prevent Your Lips From Darkening - August 2016
- Try the Cucumber Diet and Lose 7kg in 14 Days - August 2016
- You Have Lost Part of Your Hair? Here is How to Grow Out Your Hair Faster - August 2016