This tiny fruit is loaded with essential nutrients that benefits a human body in numerous ways. Apart from delicious lemonade, cakes and other foods, there’s more that lemons offer. Due to the anti-bacterial properties present in lemon, it acts as a great beauty enhancer too and I am gonna share exactly how you can add this inexpensive item to your daily beauty regimen.
Lemon can be used as a natural skin astringent as it helps balance skin’s pH level and is loaded with essential nutrients. It helps in killing harmful bacteria that might be present in your skin after washing your face.
How to use lemon as astringent:
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser and pat dry.
- Soak a cotton pad in lemon juice and dab on your skin. Do not rub, simple dab so the skin can absorb the goodness.
- Cover your entire face with lemon juice and leave on for about 10 minutes.
- You may experience tingle on your skin but its quite natural.
- Wash your face with cold water and pat dry again.
- Follow by applying a light moisturizer.
Lemon promotes healthy nails and also helps them grow faster and much stronger.
How to use lemon on nails:
- Dip you fingers in lemon juice for about 5-10 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water and pat dry.
- Do this at least twice a week to see positive result.
Use lemon juice to brighten your skin. Create this DIY moisturizer for your face.
Mix 1 tablespoon lemon juice with 1 tablespoon coconut water and apply it on cleansed face. Coconut water will moisturize your face whilst lemon will clean your skin from within.
Blackheads & Acne
Lemon is known for its skin lightening and bleaching affects and this is how you can use it on your face and lips.
- For Face:
Apply lemon juice to your face for 10 minutes and wash off before bed.
- For Lips:
Apply lemon juice on your lips and wash off in the morning. This process will remove dead skin cells and lighten your lips.