We all know that baking soda has many different benefits and that’s why we should always have it at home. It is a natural deodorizer and amphoteric in nature. This means that it can act as both an acid and base to dissolve and neutralize compounds.
HEALTH AND BEAUTY USES OF BAKING SODA
- Relieve body odor.Use it as underarm deodorant by applying it with a powder puff.
- It can help you with heartburn, just mix a teaspoon of baking soda with one half glass of water.
- Freshen your mouth: prepare a mixture of one teaspoon of baking soda and half a glass of water, swish, spit and rinse.
- Facial scrub: prepare a paste of 1 part of water and 3 parts of baking soda. Once prepared, rub the paste onto your skin in a circular motion. After that rinse it off.
- Soothe your feet: in a warm bath, dissole 3 tablespoons of baking soda and let the feet soak and gently srub.
- Freshen your fridge. All you have to do is to put an open container of baking soda in your fridge in order to absorb the odors.
- Clean shoes. Just prepare a paste of water and b.soda, apply it to your shoes, scrub with a sponge or rag and wipe off.
- Clean the oven. It is very simple method, you just need to spray baking soda with water and let it sit overnight. The next morning just scrub and wipe away residue.
- Clean sponges. Dissolve 4 tablespoons in 1 quarter of warm water and soak smellt sponges in it.
- Longer lasting flowers. Keep cut flowers fresh longer by adding a teaspoon to the water in the vase.
- Polish silverware.Make a baking soda paste with 3 parts baking soda and 1 part water. Rub onto silverware with a clean cloth or sponge and rinse thoroughly.
GARDEN AND GARAGE
- Deodorize cars. All you need to do is to sprinke baking soda onto fabric seats and carpets. Wait at least 15 minutes and vacuum up.
- Sweeten tomatoes. In order to give them a sweeter flavor, just sprinkle b.soda in the soil surrounding your tomato plants.
- Rejuvenate the greenery. Prepare a mixture of one teaspoon b.sda, half a teaspoon clear ammonia and one teaspoon Epsom salt in a gallon of water. Use about a quart of the solution on each rosebush-size shrub that’s lost its luster.
- Repel bugs. In order to repel cockroaches and ants, sprinkle baking soda along basement windows and under sinks.
- Remove oil stains from garage floors. Wet the area and scour with b. soda and a scrub brush.
- Make fluffier omelets. Just add half a teaspoon of b.soda for every three eggs used.
- When boiling a chicken, add a teaspoon of baking soda to the water. Feathers will come off easier, and the flesh will be clean and white.
- Deodorize the cutting board. In order to achieve that, just sprinkle cutting boards with baking soda, scrub and rinse.
- Remove insecticides. All you have to do is to fill your sink with water and mix ¼ cup of baking soda. Wash fruits and vegetables in the water to safely remove insecticides.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- 5 Proven Tips To Prevent Your Lips From Darkening - August 2016
- Try the Cucumber Diet and Lose 7kg in 14 Days - August 2016
- You Have Lost Part of Your Hair? Here is How to Grow Out Your Hair Faster - August 2016