Right now, you’re probably asking what it is you’re doing wrong. Well, here’s exactly how to fix the 17 dining mistakes you’re making that you never knew about!
1. Wait until everyone is seated and served before you start eating
2. USE YOUR UTENSILS FROM THE OUTSIDE IN
3. DON’T PLACE ITEMS ON THE TABLE THAT ARE UNRELATED TO THE MEAL
4. DON’T USE SALT AND PEPPER BEFORE YOU TASTE YOUR MEAL
5. RUBBING YOUR CHOPSTICKS IS CONSIDERED RUDE
6. THE WAY YOU POSITION YOUR UTENSILS SENDS SPECIFIC SIGNALS TO THE WAITSTAFF
7. RESTING YOUR CHOPSTICKS ACROSS YOUR BOWL IS CONSIDERED A BREACH OF ETIQUETTE
8. HOW TO PROPERLY EAT SOUP
9.LETTING YOUR CHOPSTICKS STAND IN YOUR RICE BOWL IS CONSIDERED AN OFFERING TO THE DEAD
10. THERE IS A PROPER WAY TO HOLD AND PLACE YOUR UTENSILS DOWN
11. THE SALT AND PEPPER SHOULD ALWAYS BE PED TOGETHER
12. HOW TO EAT LOBSTER PROPERLY
Your best bet is probably to not eat lobster in public.
13. DON’T TALK WITH YOUR MOUTH FULL
This should go without saying, but sadly, it needs to be said.
14. NEVER P FOOD FROM CHOPSTICK TO CHOPSTICK
15. THIS IS CONSIDERED AN INFORMAL DINING SETTING
16. AND THIS IS WHAT A FORMAL DINING SET UP LOOKS LIKE
17. ALWAYS REMEMBER TO TIP