Undoubtedly, one of the biggest fears and nightmares for parents, when their baby is small, is the possibility of choking.
In this critical moment, we all panic and do not know exactly what to do to effectively prevent the worst.
However, you need to be aware that this can happen in any family as children like to examine and play with some small object that can find in the house, and then put it in the mouth. Hence, you should avoid leaving small dangerous object near your child in the first place.
Yet, if this happens, do you know what to do and how to prevent choking? Today, we will reveal all the important tips you need to know in order to react quickly and effectively in this case.
Step 1: Evaluate the situation
– Your child cannot breathe I fit is quiet while his mouth is open and his face becomes red or purple. Then, you should instantly help to restore the normal breathing.
– If you hear breathlessness cough or wheezing he opens his mouth, it may indicate that the difficulty in breathing is due to a foreign object.
– If the baby is crying loudly and coughs heavily, the object can be naturally eliminated, but if the cough is not strong, you need to assist in its elimination.
Step 2: Elimination of the object from the airways
Hitting on the back
– Put your forearm on the thigh, but keep the palm up while in a sitting position. Then, place the baby on your forearm. It needs to be leaning with its belly on your arm, and the jaw will be protected by your hand. Keep its head lower than the body.
While in this position, hit the baby’s back 5 times. You can freely use a bit strength while hitting the baby’s back.
Abdominal pressure ( If the previous method does not work)
Place the baby in your lap and using your free hand, hold his head lower than its body.
With the other hand, press the center of the baby’s chest just below the baby’s nipples with your two fingers about 4 cm in depth. This should be repeated 5 times and the object will be eliminated from the airways.
Artificial respiration- ( If the other methods have not succeeded)
The video below will instruct you on how to perform CPR on your baby, as a last resort, if both the above methods have failed to provide positive results.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- 5 Proven Tips To Prevent Your Lips From Darkening - August 2016
- Try the Cucumber Diet and Lose 7kg in 14 Days - August 2016
- You Have Lost Part of Your Hair? Here is How to Grow Out Your Hair Faster - August 2016